- Decryption of online tests - urine, blood, general and biochemical.
- What do bacteria and urine mean in urinalysis?
- How to understand the analysis of the child?
- Features of the MRI analysis
- Special tests, ECG and ultrasound
- Norms during pregnancy and values of deviations ..
Gonorrhea in men: how to recognize and overcome the disease
Sexually transmitted diseases have a serious impact on people's lives. Tripper, otherwise known as gonorrhea, occupies one of the leading places among them. Every tenth man in the world at least once in his life faced this ailment. Therefore, it is important to know which physician to contact and how to treat gonorrhea with the help of drugs and non-drugs in the shortest possible time.
- Что представляет собой гонорея (триппер) у мужчин 1 What is gonorrhea (tripper) in men?
- Как правильно классифицировать заболевание 2 How to properly classify the disease
- Как происходит заражение гонореей 3 How does gonorrhea infection occur
- Симптомы 4 Symptoms
- Фотогалерея: проявления гонореи у мужчин 4.1 Photo Gallery: manifestations of gonorrhea in men
- Диагностика 5 Diagnostics
- Лечение 6 treatment
- Использование медикаментозных средств 6.1 Use of medications
- Таблица: лекарственные препараты, применяемые для терапии триппера 6.1.1 Table: drugs used for trepper therapy
- Фотогалерея: медикаменты для лечения гонореи 6.1.2 Photo Gallery: medications for the treatment of gonorrhea
- Применение физиотерапевтических методик 6.2 Application of physiotherapy techniques
- Таблица: использование физиотерапии для лечения триппера 6.2.1 Table: the use of physiotherapy for treating trepper
- Хирургическое лечение гонореи 6.3 Surgical treatment of gonorrhea
- Рецепты народной медицины 6.4 Traditional Medicine Recipes
- Фотогалерея: природные средства от триппера 6.4.1 Photo gallery: natural remedies for trepper
- Диета 6.5 Diet
- Фотогалерея: что нельзя есть при гонорее 6.5.1 Photo gallery: what not to eat for gonorrhea
- Фотогалерея: рекомендуемые при недуге продукты 6.5.2 Photo Gallery: Products Recommended for Disability
- Гомеопатические препараты 6.6 Homeopathic Remedies
- От чего следует воздержаться на время лечения триппера 6.7 What should I refrain from while treating a tripper?
- Видео: лечение и профилактика гонореи 6.8 Video: treatment and prevention of gonorrhea
- Использование медикаментозных средств 6.1 Use of medications
- Прогнозы и возможные осложнения 7 Forecasts and possible complications
- Как проводить профилактику заболевания 8 How to prevent disease
- Отзывы пациентов 9 Patient Reviews
What is gonorrhea (tripper) in men?
Gonorrhea is a disease from a group of sexually transmitted infections. It is characterized by lesions of the mucous membranes, which is manifested by a syndrome of general intoxication, purulent secretions and itching in the area of the introduction of the pathogen. The pathological process may involve the eyes, the urogenital tract, the joints, the mouth, and even the abdominal cavity.
At least five hundred thousand people suffer from tripper every year, two thirds of whom are men. However, the probability of infection during single sexual contact is much higher among girls than among young people: this is due to the anatomically longer and thinner urethra in the male body. About 40% of patients do not go to the doctor, which leads to the transition of the disease into a chronic form and greatly complicates the treatment process.
The tripper is caused by a small bacterium from the cocci family called gonococcus. These microorganisms have the form of two coffee beans, facing each other with a concave side. Gonococci are quite sensitive to heat (they die at a temperature of 37–39 degrees), soap or soda water, and antiseptics.
But in the internal environment of the body, bacteria acquire particular resistance. This is possible thanks to a protective capsule that protects the gonococcus from the action of immunoglobulins (substances that protect our body from germs). Moreover, in recent years there has been a pronounced tendency for their mutation. They acquire new properties and survive even when exposed to strong antibacterial agents.
There are a number of reasons that may somehow favor the growth of gonococci. Factors that can stimulate the development of pathogenic microflora include:
- unhealthy diet;
- bad habits (smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction);
- frequent hypothermia;
- infections of the genitourinary system (urethritis, prostatitis, cystitis);
- connective tissue diseases;
- immunodeficiencies (primary and secondary);
- irregular sex life with different partners;
- other chronic infectious diseases (syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, tuberculosis).
How pathology develops
The basis of pathogenesis is the introduction of gonococcus into the mucous membranes of the internal organs. This is due to the violation of protective barriers and weakened immunity. Next, the pathogen begins to actively multiply and release toxic substances. This explains the presence of general intoxication syndrome (nausea, vomiting, fever, chills and sweating).
After a few days, dying epithelial cells begin to reject along with white blood cells, due to which purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor appears. The area deprived of the protection of the epithelium is gradually necrotic, and small bleeding ulcers form on the mucous membrane. Thanks to active treatment, it is possible to reverse the process and limit the spread of ulcerations by their regeneration. Further, connective tissue is formed on the wound site, which can lead to the development of adhesions.
Adhesions in the urethral canal significantly violate the processes of urination and ejaculation, causing pain. They may even cause the development of acute or chronic renal failure.
How to properly classify the disease
Currently, doctors and scientists are accustomed to using several classifications for gonorrhea. It helps to take into account all possible signs and make a diagnosis as soon as possible.
Classification of gonorrhea downstream:
- acute (from two to five days);
- subacute (from a week to ten days);
- chronic (more than six months);
- recurrent (periods of exacerbation are replaced by clinical and laboratory remission).
At the stages of the development of the disease produce:
- latent period (no severe symptoms);
- peak period (appearance of common and local signs);
- stage of gradual attenuation of the disease (the clinical picture regresses);
- full recovery.
Tripper classification according to flow patterns:
- local form (only mucous membranes of various organs are affected);
- generalized (the causative agent of the disease spreads through the bloodstream throughout the body).
How does gonorrhea infection occur?
Since gonorrhea lives on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and the genitourinary system, the main way of transmission and spread of bacteria is sexual. Unprotected sex leads to the introduction of microorganisms in the integumentary tissues of the human body. You can become infected with the following types of sexual relationships:
- oral sex;
- anal sex;
- vaginal penetration.
With mutual masturbation, it is also possible to transfer biological secretions from the genitals of one partner to another. Gonococci can live for some time on the surface of sex toys, which necessitates their constant disinfection and rinsing.
In almost 100% of cases, women become infected through sexual contact with a sick man.
Domestic infection is unlikely. This is due to the fact that gonococcus dies quickly outside the human body. Therefore, the cause of infection can not be toilet seats, swimming pools, baths, general dishes and towels. But reasonable precaution should still be exercised.
Gonorrhea is a fairly typical infectious disease that can have both common and local manifestations. The incubation period, when the symptoms do not manifest themselves, lasts from three to five days. Further, the illness passes into a stage of full swing, when there is practically no doubt about the accuracy of the diagnosis.
Common clinical manifestations include:
- insomnia and nighttime awakenings;
- rapid fatigue during exercise;
- decreased performance;
- impaired memory and concentration.
For the local picture is characterized by:
- purulent, viscous discharge from the urethra of yellow, brown or green color, accompanied by an unpleasant odor;
- pulling pain in the pelvic area;
- sensation of itching and burning in the urethra;
- difficulty urinating, accompanied by stinging and pain;
- erectile dysfunction;
- discomfort during ejaculation and during sexual intercourse;
- yellowish plaque on the palate, palatine arches, tonsils;
- pain when swallowing;
- white-yellow tongue with a putrid odor;
- development of caries and gingivitis.
At the first symptoms of the disease should immediately contact a dermatovenerologist.
Photo gallery: manifestations of gonorrhea in men
During the initial visit to the doctor, the genitals and oral mucosa must be inspected. With gonorrhea, there is a grayish-white plaque in the region of the tonsils, hard and soft palate, cheeks and even gums. On the head of the penis and in the urethra there is a yellowish discharge. The head itself is extremely sensitive and painful during palpation examination.
Another important step is the collection of anamnesis . The doctor needs to find out from the patient information about possible unprotected sexual acts, as well as about the use of common personal hygiene items. All information must be complete and reliable: only this ensures a correct diagnosis.
If a patient has a sexually transmitted disease, it is necessary to inform the temporary or permanent sexual partner about it in order to avoid his infection and the further spread of the disease.
Differentiation of gonorrhea
Pathological discharge, itching and burning are quite common in various diseases. This necessitates the use of specific diagnostic methods that allow you to identify and identify gonococcus as soon as possible. Also, gonorrhea can be combined immediately with several sexually transmitted infections.
Many patients come up with primary complaints to different doctors: a nephrologist, a urologist, and even a proctologist. The treatment of gonorrhea deals only with a venereologist. He will help to make the most complete and reliable diagnosis, as well as prescribe therapy that will eliminate the disease in the shortest possible time.
Gonorrhea most often has to differentiate with such pathologies:
- urethral injuries;
- genital herpes;
All methods of diagnostic tripper are laboratory. To detect gonococcus, the doctor must take a few swabs from the mouth and urethra. To do this, use a special narrow and long cotton swab, which is taken a small amount of plaque and purulent discharge. After it is placed in a sterile tube and sent to the study in the laboratory.
- Bacteriological culture of smear content on nutrient media. The gonococcus forms colonies fairly well, which are visible even without a microscope: a similar study is quite reliable, but the term for preparing the result ranges from ten to twelve days. According to the analysis, it is possible to prescribe specific antibacterial drugs.
- Microscopy of a stained smear. Biological fluid is placed on a glass slide and magnified many times: this allows you to see immobile bacteria that are bean-shaped.
- The polymerase chain reaction technique is the newest method of diagnosis, which is based on the isolation of gonococcus DNA from individual cells. To do this, the material is placed in a special chamber, allowing to study the human genome almost completely. The method has an accuracy of 98%.
A tripper is an unpleasant illness that requires the patient to carefully follow all the doctor’s recommendations. Be sure to have patience: in less than a few days, all the symptoms will not go away. Remember that self-treatment can cause the disease to become chronic, which is much worse than any therapy and practically does not respond to antimicrobial agents.
Important principles of gonorrhea treatment:
- administration of a broad-spectrum antibiotic with the gradual addition of narrower antimicrobials;
- reduction of inflammatory edema of the urethra;
- normal urination;
- maintaining the normal microflora of the pelvic organs;
- replenishing energy balance with diet;
- visits to physiotherapy;
- compliance with the rules of prevention and personal hygiene.
Use of medication
For the treatment of gonorrhea, doctors traditionally prescribe drugs at once in several groups. They can be both general actions (which affect the entire body as a whole and are taken in the form of tablets) and local (eliminate the symptoms of itching and burning, are used in the form of ointments and creams). Individual therapy is selected for each patient, since antibiotics cause a large number of side effects.
All dosages are determined by the doctor based on the age group and body weight of the patient.
Table: drugs used for trepper therapy
|Group of drugs||Terms of application||Drug examples||Expected effects|
|Antibacterial agents||7–15 days||Kill gonococcus as the main causative agent of the disease|
|Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs||Up to 7 days||Relieve inflammation, itching and pain|
|Antiseptics||14–20 days||Destroy the environment necessary for the reproduction of gonococcus|
|Immunostimulants||5 days||Stimulate the activity of cells of the immune system, forcing the body to fight infection|
|Probiotics||Up to three months||Normalize the composition of the genital microflora|
Photo Gallery: medications for the treatment of gonorrhea
The use of physiotherapy techniques
As you know, many natural factors can positively affect the human body. Currently widely used physiotherapy, which is based on the use of various physical phenomena and effects. The course of treatment usually consists of 10-15 procedures and is selected for each patient individually. The physiotherapy program is compiled by a rehabilitation physician.
Table: The use of physiotherapy for treating tripper
|Procedure name||The essence of the technique||Positive effects of the procedure|
|Electrostimulation||A large number of weak current discharges pass through the human body.||Reduction of inflammatory swelling and itching|
|Induction||The use of magnetic fields of various frequencies and strengths||Removal of spasms, prevention of the formation of adhesions in the urethra and pelvic organs|
|Electrophoresis||The use of direct current for the introduction of drugs into the body||More rapid distribution of medicinal substance in the body|
|Laser therapy||A directional laser beam can neutralize bacteria.||Reducing the amount of discharge|
Surgical treatment of gonorrhea
In most cases, gonorrhea is treated conservatively and does not require any surgical intervention. If the disease acquires some complications, the question of conducting a surgical procedure is solved for each patient individually. Remember that surgeons are not able to eliminate the main cause of the disease, so it would be advisable to continue medical treatment.
The operation is performed in the following cases:
- при формировании спаечного процесса;
- если нарушается отток мочи;
- когда развивается массивное гнойничковое поражение уретры и других органов малого таза.
Сущность оперативного вмешательства состоит в эндоскопическом проникновении в мочевой канал и иссечении спаек, а также удалении гнойников. Если поражение затронуло и другие органы малого таза, необходим разрез по передней поверхности брюшной стенки, который позволяет удалить и другие образования. После этого в рану устанавливаются дренажные трубки, обеспечивающие отток содержимого: их убирают через несколько суток. Восстановительный период после операции длится от двух недель до месяца.
Рецепты народной медицины
Народная медицина имеет сразу несколько весомых преимуществ: все средства стоят достаточно дешёво, легко приобретаются в ближайшей аптеке, не требуют для применения специальных врачебных навыков, практически не вызывают побочных эффектов и аллергических реакций. Однако стоит помнить, что природные вещества не способны устранить гонококк как основного возбудителя заболевания: эту роль могут выполнить только антибиотики. Народные лекарства помогают только снять симптоматические проявления и устранить неприятные ощущения у пациента.
Рецепты народной медицины:
- 50 граммов измельчённой мелиссы смешать с 20 граммами мяты. Заварить всё в литре кипятка, дать настояться до полного остывания. Налить раствор в небольшую ёмкость, куда поместить головку полового члена на двадцать минут. Мята и мелисса способны снять зуд и уменьшить раздражение тканей. Применять такую процедуру необходимо трижды в неделю перед сном.
- Hypericum in the amount of 20 grams brew in a glass of water. After cooling, moisten a cotton pad in the extract and gently wipe the head of the penis with it. This will help remove the pus secretions and prevent them from appearing for a while. It is recommended to carry out such treatment at least three times a day.
- Three bags of pharmacy chamomile soaked with warm water. Put them on the affected area, on top you can put a layer of gauze and wool. Such a compress is worth holding for about ten minutes. Chamomile fights well with itching and swelling of tissues.
Photo Gallery: natural remedies for tripper
Nutrition is essential for improving well-being in various pathologies. Properly chosen diet allows you to strengthen the body and protect it from harmful influences.
During the fight against any infectious disease in the body, a large amount of energy is consumed. This explains the need to restore it with proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Remember that food should be six times and include small portions that do not cause a feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
At the time of treatment it is better to refuse the following products:
- fatty fried meat and fish;
- fast food;
- tomato paste, mayonnaise, hot spices;
- canned vegetables, fruits;
- carbonated drinks;
- alcohol of any strength;
- fast food products (semi-finished products);
- sweets (chocolate, baking with cream).
Photo gallery: what not to eat with gonorrhea
Add to the diet:
- vegetable and fruit salads;
- berry smoothies;
- low-fat dairy products;
- fish and poultry meat;
- yeast-free bread or bread;
- dry galetny cookies.
Photo gallery: products recommended for the disease
Homeopathy is a section of alternative medicine that studies the effects on the body of various poisons, chemical and biological substances. Most of them in microscopic dosages are effective against any ailments. But this method of treating gonorrhea is not suitable for all people. Be sure to consult your doctor in order not to take unhealthy medicines.
For the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, the following homeopathic medicines are used:
- Dulcamara - medicine on the basis of the nightshade, which is well helps to relieve pain.
- Beladonna. In large quantities, this plant causes severe intoxication, but in microscopic doses can kill gonococcus.
- Staphysagria, otherwise referred to as abalon, allows you to get rid of purulent secretions from the urethra and facilitates urination.
- Pulsatilla is a drug based on a snowdrop that copes with spasms and prevents urine stagnation.
What should you refrain from while treating a tripper
It has been scientifically proven that the way of life of a patient influences the timing of the elimination of the pathological process. If he fulfills all medical recommendations, then gonorrhea can be cured pretty quickly and without complications. It is worth remembering that the treatment of any disease is a complex and lengthy process, so you need to be patient and change some of the usual parts of the lifestyle:
- Refuse to visit baths and saunas. Warming up contributes to increased pathological secretions that can penetrate into the bladder or renal pelvis with a retrograde urine flow, causing inflammation there.
- Stop using the public pool or jacuzzi. Chlorinated water kills the beneficial microflora, which fights the disease on its own.
- Do not have sex during treatment. Oral, anal and vaginal sex contributes to the transmission of the causative agent to the sexual partner.
- Constantly change the underwear stained in purulent secretions.
- Get yourself a separate washcloth and towel designed specifically for intimate hygiene.
Video: treatment and prevention of gonorrhea
Forecasts and possible complications
The average period of treatment for trepper is from two weeks to six months. If the process becomes chronic, a significant lengthening of the time of therapy is possible. Taking medicines, keeping to a diet and going through all physical procedures have been improving the condition for several days already. Gonorrhea is not an indication for hospitalization or for issuing a sick-list, since most of the treatment can be carried out without interrupting the work process.
Before planning a child it is strongly recommended to cure the clap. Penetrating into the body of the expectant mother, gonococcus can provoke many negative consequences, ranging from intrauterine infection and ending with stillbirth.
Complications of gonorrhea in men:
- inflammatory diseases of the bladder and urethra (cystitis, urethritis);
- inflammation of the epididymis;
- the formation of the pustular process;
- the accession of a secondary infection (candidiasis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis);
- the development of adhesions of the pelvic organs and urethra;
- erectile disfunction;
- generalization of infection;
- septic shock;
- decreased penile sensitivity;
- increased risk of infertility.
How to prevent disease
Gonorrhea, like any other disease, has general and specific preventive measures. General measures are aimed at enhancing human immunity and increasing resistance to the action of environmental factors. Specific measures help to avoid infection directly through sexual contact. Remember that even with protected sexual intercourse there is the possibility of infection with gonococcus. If you follow the following rules, you can avoid the development of the disease:
- Do not engage in casual sex. Men who frequently change their sexual partners have a much greater risk of becoming infected not only with clap but also with many other dangerous infections, including syphilis, human immunodeficiency virus, herpes and hepatitis.
- Use barrier contraception. Condoms are one of the easiest and most affordable ways to protect themselves, not only from unwanted pregnancy, but also from many sexually transmitted infections. Regular use with anal and vaginal sex will help reduce the likelihood of gonococcus infection by several times.
- Treat the glans with antiseptic solutions. Miramistin, Chlorhexidine and Furacilin can kill gonococcus even after unprotected intercourse, if you do the washing immediately. Currently, the pharmacy can buy special bottles with a convenient nozzle, which greatly simplify the procedure.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene. Daily change of underwear and shower in the morning and evening will help to avoid the development of pathogenic flora on the genitals. Keep in mind that in the hot season there is a need to increase the number of water procedures to several times a day. Bed linen is also recommended to be changed at least once a week.
- Do sports. Regular athletic exercise helps to strengthen the body. A sedentary lifestyle causes blood stasis in the pelvic organs. Pay at home or in the gym at least half an hour a day - and you will see significant results in a few months.
- Give up bad habits. Alcohol abuse, smoking and taking drugs of varying severity destroy the body. The immune system becomes less resistant to various kinds of stress, which opens the entrance gate to any infections. Also, under the influence of alcohol or drugs intoxication increases the likelihood of engaging in casual sex.
Treatment includes Ceforal 400 mg once (guaranteed sterility of gonococcus already for 2 days, but in most cases, despite the presence of residual symptoms of inflammation - by the end of 1 day). That is how gonorrhea treats the whole world. Just do not forget the additional use of doxycycline, for example, Unidox in the form of dispersible tablets.
The diagnosis of chronic gonorrhea in modern medicine is missing, there is a concept of complicated gonorrhea and uncomplicated. If there are no complications, the treatment is one day and it does not depend on the duration of the disease. If gonorrhea is cured, then there is no way to determine that you once had pain.
Fifteen years ago (that is, at the age of 16), one fine morning I discovered a discharge from the penis. A trip to the doctor gave a diagnosis: gonorrhea. The partner, I will make a reservation right away, was sent for analyzes and brought a negative response. The treatment was not very accurate (to blame) and, it was suggested, with expired drugs (there was such a time, it was impossible to get it even for normal money). For treatment, in general, did not spare the money. Therefore, when after about a year, similar symptoms appeared (after a serious prolonged binge) I immediately ran to the doctor. I got an "acquaintance" to the local luminary, who used home-made preparations, "talkers" (yes, how - don't ask, I don't know; I only know that he was not a charlatan, he taught at the DSU) and once the bougaining.
In cases of early detection, gonorrhea has no pronounced effect on the body. But most men neglect timely treatment to the doctor, which contributes to the development of secondary complications and even infertility. Specialists diagnose within a few hours, after which you can proceed to therapy and minimize the likelihood of adverse effects.