- Decryption of online tests - urine, blood, general and biochemical.
- What do bacteria and urine mean in urinalysis?
- How to understand the analysis of the child?
- Features of the MRI analysis
- Special tests, ECG and ultrasound
- Norms during pregnancy and values of deviations ..
Balanitis and balanoposthitis: treating delicate male problems
Unfortunately, many modern rhythm of life leaves little time to monitor their health. And if women still somehow listen to the alarming "bells" of their bodies, then men rarely pay attention to them, which is why a developing disease can lead to not very pleasant consequences. This happens with such a seemingly simple disease as balanoposthitis. The fact is that representatives of the stronger sex do not tend to share such delicate problems with someone. As a result, all this leads to the fact that a person is late in seeking medical help, and sometimes does not visit the specialist at all, thinking that everything will pass by itself. Meanwhile, the disease progresses, and the risks of serious complications increase significantly. Therefore, it is very important to consult a doctor in a timely manner, as the treatment of a neglected disease requires a significant investment of effort, time and money.
- Что такое баланит и баланопостит 1 What is balanitis and balanoposthitis
- Особенности покровов полового члена 1.1 Features of the integument of the penis
- Каким бывает баланопостит 1.2 What is balanopostitis?
- Факторы риска 1.3 Risk factors
- Баланит и баланопостит: мнение специалиста — видеоролик 1.4 Balanitis and balanoposthitis: expert opinion - video
- Лечение различных форм патологии 2 Treatment of various forms of pathology
- Особенности терапии 2.1 Features of therapy
- Лекарственные препараты 2.2 Medications
- Медикаменты для лечения баланопостита — фотогалерея 2.2.1 Medications for the treatment of balanoposthitis - photo gallery
- Народные средства 2.3 Folk remedies
- Хирургические методы лечения 2.4 Surgical treatments
- Что такое обрезание и для чего оно нужно — видеоролик 2.4.1 What is circumcision and what is it for - video
- Прогнозы лечения 3 treatment predictions
What is balanitis and balanoposthitis
Balanitis is an inflammation of the glans penis, and postitis is a lesion of the foreskin, or rather, its inner leaflet. In most cases, these two pathologies do not exist separately from each other. Inflammation of one area quickly moves to another, causing a lot of discomfort. In such cases, they speak of balanopostitis, a disease that combines balanitis and fasting.
This disease is considered one of the most common in males with uncircumcised foreskin.
Modern medicine identifies five main causes of this disease:
- infectious agents (bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.);
- skin diseases - dermatosis - inflammatory (psoriasis, eczema, allergic reactions, etc.);
- background and precancerous pathologies;
- metabolic disorders (diabetes and others);
- non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene (is the main cause of the development of the disease).
The clinical symptoms of the pathology depend on the stage of the inflammatory process and its type. But there are general signs of the disease:
- swelling of the head and foreskin;
- hyperemia (redness) of the inflamed areas;
- abundant discharge from the preputial sac;
- feeling of itching and burning around the head of the penis.
Features of the integument of the penis
Outside, the male sexual organ is lined with thin skin, which is easily displaced, wrapped near the top of the head, and with an internal sheet attached to its base (coronary sulcus), then passing into the mucous membranes.
The skin folds covering the head are called the foreskin. It serves not only as protection against mechanical damage, such as friction against clothing, but also protects the mucous membranes from drying out. The inner leaf of the foreskin forms the so-called preputial sac and contains glands that sebum, which is part of the preputial lubricant, otherwise called smegma, accumulating in the coronary sulcus of the head. If you do not clear the integument from this secret in time, balanopostitis may develop: smegma is an excellent medium for the reproduction of pathogens that provoke inflammatory processes in this area.
What is balanoposthitis
With the flow balanoposthitis happens:
- acute, in which all signs of the disease are pronounced. A feature of this form of pathology is that it takes place within one to two weeks, sometimes without medical assistance;
- chronic, characterized by sluggish flow and the constant presence of discomfort in the glans penis. Such a disease is difficult to treat: treatment is long, requiring great effort and expense on the part of the patient. Therefore, it is best not to start the process and consult a doctor at the acute stage of balanoposthitis and not wait for everything to go by itself.
There are several types of balanoposthitis, depending on the cause of the disease:
- Catarrhal (or simple) balanoposthitis. The reason for this type of pathology is accumulated smegma in the preputial sac. This usually happens when the basic rules of personal hygiene are not followed. The secretions irritate the mucous membranes and skin, causing pain and discomfort.
- Purulent balanoposthitis. Typically, such a pathology occurs in an acute form, in which not only local, but also general symptoms are expressed, namely: weakness, irritability, severe pain and fever. Such balanoposthitis is characterized by discharge from purulent foci located on the foreskin and glans penis. All covers with a bright red shade.
- Erosive balanoposthitis. It is characterized by the appearance of erosion or non-healing ulcers on the mucous head of the penis or on the skin of the foreskin. In this case, the formations may bleed or release a clear liquid.
- Gangrenous balanoposthitis. One of the most serious and dangerous types of the disease. It is characterized by the constant appearance of spots - purulent and necrotic foci, from which the fetid discharge comes out. There is a seizure and death of all new sections of the head and foreskin. At the same time, the patient's condition significantly worsens, the body temperature rises, weakness, irritability and apathy appear. All this is accompanied by unbearable pain.
- Herpetic balanoposthitis. This type of disease is mainly sexually transmitted and is caused by the second type of herpes virus. It is characterized by the appearance of a small rash. Initially, it has the form of red spots, and then, as the pathology progresses, it turns into bubbles filled with fluid. Herpetic balanoposthitis gives the patient a lot of discomfort: he has severe pain and an unbearable itching in the affected area.
- Fungal balanoposthitis. The main cause of pathology are fungi of the genus Candida. The remaining members of this group of microorganisms rarely cause balanoposthitis of this type. Candida balanoposthitis is one of the most common forms of the disease. A distinctive feature is the cheesy discharge from the urethra and their accumulation on the head of the penis.
- Chlamydia balanoposthitis. This type of illness is usually not accompanied by any subjective sensations. Sometimes the disease is accompanied by some discomfort in the area of the glans penis. Pain and redness in most cases are absent. Chlamydia usually requires serious and long-term treatment for both partners.
- Anaerobic balanoposthitis. It is quite rare, but it is dangerous. The peculiarity lies in the fact that pathogens of pathology for their vital activity do not need oxygen intake. This is fraught with the fact that from the surface of the penis, they can get into the urethra, and then to other urinary organs, causing their inflammation.
Predisposing to the appearance of balanoposthitis primarily poor hygiene of the external genital organs. It may sound awful, but many men neglect it. In addition, there is a close relationship of balanoposthitis with diseases such as:
- various manifestations of allergies, including atopic dermatitis;
- Crohn's disease;
- ulcerative colitis and others.
Balanitis and balanoposthitis: expert opinion - video
Treatment of various forms of pathology
Urologists, dermatovenerologists and surgeons deal with balanoposthitis treatment. The choice of therapy depends on the type of disease, severity and neglect of the inflammatory process. To prevent the development of serious complications of this pathology, it is necessary at the onset of the slightest symptoms to seek help from a specialist.
Features of therapy
In most cases, treatment of balanoposthitis is carried out on an outpatient basis, that is, the patient visits a specialist in a medical institution at the appointed time, and performs all his recommendations at home. If there is no effect, the treatment tactics change, the means used are replaced with other, more effective ones. Hospitalization is required only in complicated cases of the disease, namely: with anaerobic, purulent and gangrenous types of balanoposthitis, when the manifestations of the pathology are not only local, but the general well-being of the patient suffers.
The main feature of the treatment of the disease is that in addition to the use of drugs, strict adherence to other recommendations of a specialist is necessary, namely:
- to use underwear only from fabrics created from natural fibers - it is better if it is 100% cotton;
- every day to carry out the toilet of the external genital organs, it is desirable to use soap solutions with a neutral pH level;
- be examined by the doctor's sexual partner;
- treatment of both partners at once, if they are detected sexually transmitted diseases;
- abandon sexual intercourse throughout the treatment.
Each type of disease has its own standards of treatment. This uses such groups of drugs as:
- Antibiotics. Used with bacterial forms of balanoposthitis topically and inward. They inhibit the activity of microbes and stop their reproduction. Most commonly used are broad spectrum antibacterial agents, such as Amoxicillin, Azitrox, Ciprofloxacin, Sumamed, tetracycline ointment, and others.
- Antiseptics. Mainly represented by means of local effects that cleanse the surface of the skin from germs. The most prescribed include chlorhexidine, furatsilin, Miramistin and a solution of potassium permanganate (popularly called potassium permanganate), Baneotsin.
- Antiallergic drugs of local and systemic action. Used in the form of tablets, creams, gels. Such means as Zyrtec, Fenistil and others are used. For severe forms of allergy, they use glucocorticosteroids, for example, Polcortolone, Prednisolone.
- Preparations of complex effects:
- Triderm is an anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial agent, produced in the form of cream and ointment.
- Levomekol - therapeutic ointment with antimicrobial and regenerating (regenerating) properties.
- Akriderm - a drug for local use in the form of ointment and cream with anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effects. In addition, it relieves itching and other manifestations of allergies.
- Hyoxysone - anti-inflammatory ointment with antibacterial properties.
- Antifungal agents. They are used for balanoposthitis fungal nature, in particular, candidal forms, of which Lamisil, Pimafucin, Mikoseptin, Clotrimazole are often used.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Used to relieve symptoms of inflammation, pain and decrease in body temperature. The most popular are: Ibuprofen, Nise, Paracetamol, Nimesil and others.
- Antiviral drugs. Used for balanoposthitis viral nature, in particular, herpetic form. With this pathology, Zovirax, Acyclovir and others are often prescribed.
Medications for the treatment of balanoposthitis - photo gallery
Folk remedies will most likely not be able to completely rid of balanoposthitis, but with their help it is possible to eliminate some manifestations of the disease that cause discomfort. Despite all the harmlessness of such treatment, it is still worth consulting with a doctor before applying. Indeed, many natural remedies can cause allergic reactions, thus aggravating the already poor condition of the integument of the penis and worsen the general state of health.
Chamomile extract is considered to be a very good remedy to help soothe inflamed skin and mucous membranes. In addition, it has emollient and antiseptic properties.
One tablespoon of dried flowers plants pour a glass of boiling water and insist at least twenty minutes. During this time, the healing liquid will cool and it can be used. Infusion can be applied in the form of lotions, soaking, and then applying to the affected places, gauze napkins. It will also be useful in the form of baths, for which a liquid is poured into a container, and then the sexual organ is placed there. The duration of each procedure should be at least fifteen minutes.
Another great remedy for eliminating unpleasant symptoms is aloe juice and pulp. For one procedure, one leaf of a plant will suffice. It is peeled and crushed to a pasty consistency. Then the resulting mass is evenly distributed over a gauze bandage, which is tied to the affected area of the penis. Such an application usually lasts no more than twenty minutes, after which it is washed off with warm boiled water. The procedure can be performed two to three times a day.
The healing properties of sage with balanoposthite are widely known. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, it will help to cope with unpleasant sensations, in particular, with itching.
An infusion of a plant is used, which is prepared at the rate of 2 tablespoons of chopped raw material per half liter of boiling water. The healing liquid is kept for at least thirty minutes, and then filtered and poured into the container. The genital is placed in this infusion and kept there for fifteen minutes, after which the excess liquid on the skin and mucous membranes is removed with a soft, dry towel (or better still with a disposable napkin).
Since ancient times, the healing power of propolis is known. Many diseases are treated with it. He also helps with balanoposthitis. Alcohol tincture is usually prepared at the rate of one tablespoon of crushed propolis per 200 ml of alcohol or vodka. Maintain the composition in a tightly closed container (bottle or jar) in a dark place for ten days. The tool is used for erosive balanoposthitis: it burns perfectly skin and mucous defects, dries them and disinfects. But when using it, it is necessary to take into account the fact that it is extremely undesirable to hit the tincture on inflamed integument, as it will act on them even more annoyingly, aggravating the symptomatology of the pathology. It should be used exclusively pointwise.
Usually, surgical treatment of balanopostitis is resorted to only in exceptional situations: during a chronic, neglected process, the development of scar-type phimosis, fusion of areas of the foreskin, and with too frequent relapses of the disease. An important condition for the operation is the elimination of acute inflammatory manifestations of the disease. In other cases, drug therapy is enough to get rid of balanoposthitis.
In this disease, a method such as circumcisio is used, which is also called circumcision of the foreskin. This operation is performed on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia. After the end of all actions, the patient is released home, where in the future he will independently carry out the restorative treatment prescribed by the surgeon.
As with any surgical procedure, circumcisio requires a preliminary examination of the patient and the necessary tests.
There are four types of circumcision:
- partial, when only part of the foreskin is removed, while the head of the penis remains completely closed skin fold;
- low when the head is exposed, but the coronoid groove remains completely covered with a small fold of skin;
- moderate, when the head is completely exposed, and the coronal sulcus is partially covered with a small fold of skin;
- complete (or tight excision), characterized by complete removal of the entire skin of the foreskin.
Surgery begins with the introduction of anesthetic in the outer part of the foreskin and the area located under the head of the penis. Make circular incisions of the inner and outer sheets. The excision is removed and the skin is connected with suture material. After the anesthesia stops, the patient is allowed to go home. This usually happens in 2-4 hours.
After surgery, the patient is prescribed local creams and ointments to speed up the regeneration. The stitches are removed after about seven days. Full healing, subject to strict medical prescriptions, occurs approximately two to three weeks after surgery.
Restoration of sexual life is possible only after complete recovery of the skin. At first, intimacy will cause discomfort. It's okay, this is a normal feeling. After a while they will disappear.
What is circumcision and what is it for - video
All types of balanoposthitis have favorable prognoses. But this is only under the condition of timely treatment to a specialist and properly prescribed treatment. Therefore, when the first signs of the disease appear, you should not expect that everything will pass by itself, you should immediately consult a doctor for help. This is the only way to avoid deterioration and the development of complications.
Purulent, anaerobic and gangrenous balanoposthitis require long-term treatment and great patience from the patient and his attending physician
Balanoposthitis, at first glance, is harmless. But he is fraught with the development of serious pathologies up to the development of infertility. Therefore, it is very important to control the disease in a timely manner. This is the only way to get rid of it successfully and as soon as possible.